[Prev][Next][Index]

Crypt Propagation

Hi Everyone,

I have a curiosity to report.  Awhile back (about 2 1/2 months ago) I
bought a crypt, C. balansea.  I planted it and it's rather long roots in
the gravel of my tank.  A short time later I noticed redish leaves popping
up approximately 2 inches away from the original plant.  Also, they were
growing in sort of a line.  Now I have approximately 5 baby crypts in
addition to the mom crypt.  I assume the babies grew from the undergravel
roots.  Has anyone else noticed this behavior with crypts?

Cindy from Soon to be Snowed Upon South Bend

Cindy

* A chemist stepped up to the drug counter, hesitated for a moment,     *
* and asked for some acetylsalicylic acid, "You mean aspirin," said      *
* the druggist sarcastically.  "That's right,"  the chemist replied apol-   *
* ogetically, "you know, I can never remember that name."                  *