[Prev][Next][Index]

post-move phenomena

Subject: post-move phenomena

> Perhaps I didn't word my question well... in the absence of bein
> a previously established stand of (possibly allelopathic) Val I
> Sag to grow more strongly (faster etc) but I didn't expect the r
> in leaf size.  Wondering if that's likely to continue or if it's
> phenomena?

Leaf size is strongly related to how well a plant is doing.  If a
plant is unhappy, whether from crowding or other unfavorable
conditions, it is not at all uncommon for the plant to remain
stunted as well as to put out fewer (or no) runners.  Whether it
will remain large depends on whether it remains happy.

> I was planning to keep space between the Sag & Val in hopes that
> happily occupy opposite ends of the tank in equivalently strong
> oh, separate but equal?) & leave room in between for other inter
> plants.  We'll see how it goeth.

That's about all you can do.  Keep us posted.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Assoc.
Boston, MA