[Prev][Next][Index]

2nd rec.aquaria RFD

I hate to post here on this, but in the news.groups discussion over the
rec.aquaria re-org, there has been considerable argument from a very few
individuals that the rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants and other specialty
newsgroups have no backing and should not be created unless they will be
supported.

P Deitiker wrote:

> No, it means that. as far as I'm concerned, there has been no statistically
> analyzed popular poll which supports the inclusion of such groups. I've
> repeatedly ask for this info and have been repeatedly denied it. What we do
> have is a poll from 20 months back supporting the major subdivision of
> rec.aquaria, BUT (accepting one specialty group) none of the
> specialty groups. The proponents have claimed, with alot of handwaving and
> political doubletalk, that there has been a change of opinion concerning
> the specialty groups but cannot support their claims. Therefore I'm forced
> to conclude that there probably won't be enough traffic to warrant such
> groups. It is my beleif that a newsgroup should have an average of 25
> postings per day to make it worth while (for me including in my News group
> list, and to give an example I cancelled my Celegans list because the
> traffic did not warrant its presence). Purely speculative, since the data
> has not been presented, but I feel that at least five of the proposed
> catagories are not warranted...

This is what I'm asking.

Please respond to the following post (if you care/if you can) on news.groups.