[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: HOW TO SEND EMAIL TO THE AQUATIC PLANTS LIST

Karen Randall writes:

> Subject: HOW TO SEND EMAIL TO THE AQUATIC PLANTS LIST
>
> Shaji,
>
> > The CORRECT address for sending articles is aquatic-plants@actwi
> > Alternatively, you can reply to incoming email from the list, bu
> > do this, be sure to change the subject line to something appropr
>
> This may be part of the problem with some software (like mine -
> RFD Mail) when you reply to incoming mail off the list, it sends
> it to owner.  I have to change the To: line to the list address to
> keep it from going to you.  That's why if I'm in a hurry and
> forget, you get my messages.  At least I'm getting better at
> catching them after the fact!<g>

I have to agree that your success rate (after the fact) these days
is 100%.

I went back and took a look at the format of the APD mail.  Everything
is being done correctly by the mailing list software.  The 'From:'
line in the header is set to the list owner, but the 'Reply-To:' field
is set to aquatic-plants at actwin_com.  The 'Reply-To:' field should
take precedence over the 'From:' field, but apparently some folks'
email software ignores this override.

-Shaji