Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:36:37 -0800 (PST)
From: "Timothy F. Lee {UCS}" <timlee at u_washington.edu>
To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
Subject: Help with setting up a new plant tank...

	Ok, this is my first post and request for help, so please bare
with me.

	I have a 55 Gal tank and two 10 Gal tanks.  I wish to eventually
populate my 55 Gal tank with as many plants as possible, as I didn't like
the artificial looking decor in it.  But I want to start off with one of
my 10 Gal tank first.

Now, here comes the questions (please bare with me, as I'm new to this):

	What sort of gravel should I use?  Should use any sort of a
filtration system such as an under gravel filter?  Should I just use
gravel?  Or should I use an additional level of some sort of filtrate?
And what kind of filtrate would that be.  Also, what kind of lighting
would I need for this little 10Gal tank?  I think I'll stop there for
now. But any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much...

--tim