[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Algae-eating sharks

For those of you who are interested, after a four week wait and see
it would appear that the "algae-eating sharks" are SAEs. The main
difficulty is/was that the black stripe still does not extend to the
edge of the fin. I find that their behavior is different from the false
SAE. They never stop nibbling the plants and are very active and fat.
They are also less aggressive toward one another. They don't have a
hope in hell of cleaning up my 29 gallon, though they've never been
fed anything.

So if you want an SAE from Big Al's, just ask for an "algae-eating shark."

--
Dave Whittaker                       ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.CA
Gloucester, Ontario                  dwhitt at magmacom_com