[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #162

>	Substrate suggestions

>Any suggestions on a laterite I should us.  I could spend lots of
>money on dupla, but with having a 135 gallon tank this would cost
>a lot. Bad!

I have had great results using Theil brand laterite, its a lot cheaper than
dupla. From what I understand it most laterite is basically the same. The
iron content may vary a little, but not enough to justify the extra cost.

I also mixed some peat in with the bottom third of my substrate.

You will hear of many concoctions, its like cooking, there are thousands of
recipes for substrate. My best recommendation is experiment for yourself.

If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know!
lamarn at nr_infi.net