[Prev][Next][Index]

Cycling new tank

I'm about to start up a new 75-gallon tank that will be heavily planted and
will include substrate heating, with laterite in the substrate, as well as
CO2 using the yeast method. It would be nice to cycle it quickly and I could
do that by putting some of the gravel from my present 20-gallon tank, which
has a UGF, into the canister filter on the new setup. However, I have algae
problems in the 20-gallon and am afraid that using gravel from that tank
would give algae a head start in the new tank. I'd appreciate opinions from
anyone here.

Thanks

Phil
Chicago