[Prev][Next][Index]

Algae Scrubbers

These are devices which contain a kind of lighted tray where algae is
encouraged to grow and is used to remove excess nutrients from a tank
in order to prevent growth of algae within the tank itself. If anyone
wants to clarify or expand on my definition (perhaps with a little
ASCII diagram) please have a go. There was an article on these things
in the AGA journal a few months ago. Is anybody here experimenting
with these things? I'd be interested to hear any thoughts/ideas/
ramblings on them.

Steve P.        spush at hcsd_hac.com      Vancouver, BC. Canada