[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #130

>From: Stephen.Pushak at saudan_HAC.COM
>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 95 14:41:07 PST
>Subject: Juvenile SAE feeding
>
>I have 10 young SAEs in my tanks. They are still fairly small at
>about 2" each. If I put flake food in they will eagerly take this
>and spend a lot of time actively moving about, nibbling briefly
>at leaves or bits of algae growing on the gravel but don't seem
>to settle down and seriously chew on a particular bit of algae
>for very long. At the moment, there isn't very much algae in
>one of the tanks except some older stuff which has changed from
>black to an almost white color (with increased CO2 concentration)

I've got four SAEs in a 100 gallon.  I also had a bunch of hair algae when I
added them.  However, now the algae problem is down, but the SAEs are still
doing fine.  Unless there really isn't any algae (I know I've never had that
problem), they should be okay.  Even in the most well-maintained tanks, some
algae survives.