Hooray for plants!

We've had some storming here, and the power was out for 24 hours at our house
(luckily it doesn't get all that cold, so *that* wasn't too much of an issue
anyway, though the africans are whining)...

Our 55 gal is rather overstocked (no self control, we).  My main worry in a
power outage was that there might be ammonia poisoning of the fish, since the
filter wouldn't be running... but even at the end there was no measurable
ammonia or nitrite.  Hooray for plants!  Maybe I'll just leave that pesky
filter off...