[Prev][Next][Index]

Powerhead CO2 injection method.

>From: KB Koh <KB_Koh at ccm_ipn.intel.com>

[snip]

>quantity. On the other hand, I've also noticed that this method of CO2
>injection is not efficient as the pH drop is not much. Due to this two
>change I've now change the powerhead setup in such a way that the outlet
>will not blow all the way across the tank resulting in better efficiency
>as my pH drop all the way to 6.

You can just hook up the airline that carries the CO2 into the venturi
valve inlet. But the real trick is on the powerhead outlet. Use the
outlet adapter (included with Aquaclear and Penguin) and connect
plastic tubing to the outlet of the powerhead. Direct the output to the
bottom of your tank. This way the CO2 has more time to dissolve into the
water because of longer contact inside the plastic tubing and longer travel
distance inside your tank before reaching the surface.

I can drop the pH in my tank by 1-1.5 using this method with Alkalinity=3 dH

Hardjono