[Prev][Next][Index]

CAE

>> Would they be any improvement over the Chinese Algae Eater?
>
>Any fish is an improvement over the CAE.  At least oblongus is prettier and
>shouldn't suck slime from its tankmates.
>
>Liisa Sarakontu                     INTERNET:    lsarakon at hila_hut.fi
>Helsinki University of Technology   WWW homepage http://www.hut.fi/~lsarakon/

        It seems that the CAE's are getting a bad rap. I've had 6 of them in
my 250L tank for about a year. They are very fast swimmers and stop only
long enough to eat the algae off the plants. I havn't noticed the CAE's
attached to any other fish in the tank; however they do like to charge at
the kribensis but stop just short of actually hitting any of them. They also
seem to fight with each other, without any apparent damage.

        Doug Bardell
        Garson, Ontario, Canada
        Home page:http://www.feldspar.com/~dallenb