[Prev][Next][Index]

algae & new filter

	I'm about to set up a 30g planted community tank and
intend putting a biowheel filter on it.  Having read most of
the posts concerning algae control I have decided to
try to eliminate algae from this new tank from the start by
bleaching the plants.  So my question is if I cycle my new
filter on my old tank, which has loads of algae, will I just
be transferring algal spores to my new tank?
	My second question is, without starting a huge
debate, what is the best substrate to use in this new tank?

	If anyone has any thoughts please e-mail me at
mann at alf_chem.su.oz.au

	Much appreciated.