[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Java fern and Bolbitis attachment

> From: u_powers at VENUS_TWU.EDU
> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 23:12:30 CST
> Subject: Java fern and Bolbitis attachment
>
> I think this was answered a couple of weeks ago, so I apologize for bringing it
> up again BUT....  (I think I have CRS disease, but I can't remember...)
>
> About how long does it take Bolbitis and Java fern to attach firmly enough to
> remove their "restraints"?

I'm not sure about the time length, but I never remove the restraints.  I
use a black nylon thread to attach my Java fern, and you can't even see
it against a dark driftwood.  By the time the fern appears to be firmly
attached, there are so many roots hanging off that I wouldn't want to go
in and try and remove the thread.

Some folks use rubberbands, which are more unsightly.  I suppose it takes
6-8 weeks for the stuff to become attached, but that's just a guess.

Peter

Peter Konshak
pkonshak at fiat_gslis.utexas.edu