[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #70

I recently acquired a plant that was labeled "Hemygraphis Exotica" from
a chain super discount pet store (petsmart). No one at the store could
tell me anything about the plant or from what source they bought the
plant. I could not find a plant listed by that name in any of my books.
I was wondering if anyone had any info. on this plant. The plant itself
is a rosette type  plant that looks something like an A. crispus. The
leaves are much smaller than a crispus (leaves are lancelate to
oblong-elliptical; leaf margins are undate). The color of the plant is
a highly tinted green (whitish green) on top and deep purple on the
bottom. Like a crispus, it is extending a pedicel toward the surface.
The plant is currently 6 to 7 inches tall. It also has a very small
rhizome. Although I suspect that the plant is some sort of an
aponogeton, any info.that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Phil White