[Prev][Next][Index]

Crypts - Substrate Heating

 Subject: Crypts - substrate heating

> - - Is it true that crypts do poorly with substrate heating? Alm
> seems to point me in the direction of substrate heating but when
> George (& others) had crypts that did poorly, I was crushed.

No!  My Crypts do just as well in my tank with substrate heating
as those without.  What they _don't_ like is change.  They adapt
pretty well to and steady (nutrient rich) conditions.

> - - Why does it appear that Takashi Amano (Nature World Aquarium
> all(?) with no laterite and no substrate heating (including cryp
> without a teardown?

There is enough information missing from NWA (at least the TFH
version) to make anything we say guesswork!<g>

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Assoc.
Boston, MA