[Prev][Next][Index]

Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #70

Crypts - substrate heating

>>  - Why does it appear that Takashi Amano (Nature World Aquarium) can grow
>> all(?) with no laterite and no substrate heating (including crypts) for years
>> without a teardown?

Takashi Amano does use a substrata additive in some cases, which is only
evident if you read the very back portion of his first book.  There he refers
to a sand based fertilizer.

I have no idea exactly what this is, although I have a post in to his company
and should be getting the answer soon.  But I suspect that if it is not a type
of laterite, it serves the same purpose.

Doug Valverde 75051.160 at compuserve_com or dvalver at ibm_net