[Prev][Next][Index]

T-8 vs T-12 bulbs

>From: krandall at world_std.com (Karen A Randall)
>Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 23:18:15 -0500
>Subject: T-8's, Trading Post and Cold Weather
>
>Subject: T8 vs. T-12

>T-8's are 1" in diameter instead of 1 1/2".  They run on an

>The bad news is that you can't walk into any old hardware store
>and find them. (yet)  They are used primarily for energy efficient
>commercial lighting.  You need to find a place that supplies
>lighting for COMMERCIAL purposes.  Phillips and GE both produce
>comparable bulbs, but the ones I use are GE SPX50 bulbs. I pay $5
>each for them.

Karen, Not true in this part of the world. T-8 is the common bulbs
that can be found in department stores and hardware shops. T-12 bulb
is considered endangered specie here. I was surprise at first to get
the thicker Triton, having used to the thinner bulbs for ages. We have
also been using it on common ballast, not the electronic type.

rgds..kbkoh