[Prev][Next][Index]

Plant Trader Exchange

>From: nfrank at nando_net (Neil Frank)
>Date: Thu, 9 Nov 95 05:47:26 EST
>Subject: Plant Trader Exchange??
>
>I came across a relatively new home page called Reef Trader Outpost! (RTO)
>
><http://www.users.interport.net/~tmz/rto/>
>
>RTO offers a forum for trading reef flora, fauna and equipment. If someone
>knows how to do this, it may be of similar interest to aquatic plant
>enthusiasts.
>

>Neil Frank   Editor of "The Aquatic Gardener"  Aquatic Gardeners Association
>Visit the AGA home page at <http://blake.oit.unc.edu/~fish/aga/>
>Reorganized 25 Oct 95

Neil,

I haven't seen RTO yet (access problems to portions of the net today), but
I'm game to set this up. I'll contact Todd Zebert directly (he's the "tmz"
in the http address) and try to establish one for a Freshwater Plant Trader
Exchange.

I am particularly motivated to do this for two reasons. Recently, we had the
blatant advertisement that Shaji responded to. He shouldn't have to do this.
On the other hand, we've also had a couple of recent posts from people
indicating that they have plants available due to thinning. I personally
took advantage of George's recent pruning exercise. <<WARNING: PLUG FOR
GEORGE'S PLANTS ALERT>> For an incredibly modest amount, George sent me
some truly incredible plant specimens. And the size of the specimens are
not available around here. (I don't know, maybe you can go find an Anubias
barteri that is over 12 inches tall, with growth radiating out for about
10 inches. But I bet you won't find it for $15.)

I am convinced that we need some mechanism for us to exchange what we have.
I know that some are looking for species not available in their area, and
probably someone else is throwing away tons of it each week.

I'll do my little part, and I'll keep everyone else posted on my progress.

regards,
Eric Deese   Columbus, Ohio  USA

PS George, I'm still incredibly please with the large stand of Java fern.
All of the other plants have settled down, and are growing nicely. The
Moneywort is certainly enjoying lots of new growth. :-)