[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Plant Trader Exchange?

The killiefish group recently started posting eggs and fish for sale or
trade, but limited posting to Friday only. Perhaps we could do something
similar here, with Shaji's OK of course.

"The George" and I exchanged some plants recently, the greatest potential
problem was that the plants were going to be damaged due to cold during
shipping (we used Priority Mail). My daughters found the box of plants
from George sitting outside the house, in Minnesota. The temperature was
well below freezing, but the plants (Anubias, Shinneresia, Alternanthera,
Samolus) were all fine. For another order I would probably have the plants
shipped to my work or to a place where I was sure someone would be able to
take delivery.
I find this groups to be an extremely valuable source of information. But
I'm always trying to find new plant species to add to my aquaria. Having
an exchange program of some sort would, at least for me, be an
additional value of this group.

Ken