[Prev][Next][Index]

paludaria

Several questions as I construct my dream (but real) paludarium.
 What is the subsrtrate of choice. I would prefer not use
soil;gravel?,vermiculite?rock wool?
Should the plants be in pots?
 Can the water from the aquarium section be trickeled or sprinkled or
irrigated over the plant area to fertilize the plants and purify the water?
 How much ventillation is needed? A glass cover to keep the humidity high
is an attractive concept but would there be mold problems?
Should the substrate go down to the bottom of the water or should it be
elevated leaving the fish to swim under substrate?
Is lighting for a plant tank about right?
 Any publications to reccommend?
 Any mail order scources of plants?
Wow-enough for now.
Thanks for your help.