[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #38

>From: gomberg at wcf_com (Dave Gomberg)
>Date: Sat, 28 Oct 95 08:00:03 PDT
>Subject: Mulm
>
>I was about to add laterite to my tank when I realized it has TONS of mulm in
>it and I was wondering about siphoning out the mulm.  Then I asked myself, if
>the mulm has such a high CEC, why not just add a bunch of iron and let it bind
>to the cationic sites on the mulm?   Am I missing something here?   Dave

Has there been any resolution to the suggestion of putting a solid iron nail
into the fish tank?

My other thought was regarding lighting.  We spend hundreds of dollars
buying lights that simulate sunlight.  What is so bad about putting a fish
tank in front of an open window with direct sunlight?

Patrick
*  The Self created God creates creations.  *
*                         -M. Webb          *