[Prev][Next][Index]

Too much ? Algae

Hi,

I found some brush and green spot algae growing on some of
the tall Echinodorus Maior about the upper water. Is this a
case of too much light, too much nutrient, lack of CO2 or
what? I have 80W of lighting for 50gal tank, tetra cyrpto
tablet every two weeks, tetra flora pride weekly during
water change and CO2 yeast method. I've been following the
same regimen for the last few months with relatively good
plant growth and only have those algae on my slow growing
Aglaodorum Griffithii. OK, I miss feeding the tablets once
and have my E.Maior deformed for that time. Did I notice the
algae start growing after that episode? Maybe! but not quite
sure.

I'm going to try lowering my bulbs by an inch and fit some
sort of mirror-like reflector to the lighting. Also try the
noon-thunderstorm method. Any other suggestion?

rgds..kbkoh