[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Odoriforous Aquaria

>I have a question I've never seen asked before. What does a healthy plant tank
>smell like? <G> My plant tanks have a STRONG odor, I think it smells like
>algae, but I don't really know how to describe it. They do have algae, I have
>been cycling through different kinds, right now there is (I think) Brush and
>Slime. Signed, Just Wondering!

My plant tanks, particularly those with plants growing out of the water, have
the smell of freshly cut chrysanthemums (had to get a dictionary for that one
:-)) or ferns.  My infusoria/algae tank doesn't smell quite that way.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(214) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  pgr at ti_com Subj:PAGE:David Webb