[Prev][Next][Index]

No Subject

>               1 tablespoon of non-iodized salt per gallon of water
>               added to the aquarium (started this about 2 months
>               ago, before the new plants, but well after my
>               similar problems with the amazon and vallis.

This is a very high salt concentration. In my experience, it is guaranteed
to melt many plants. Amazons and vals are more tolerant of salt; that's one
reason they're the only plants that survive in my goldfish tanks.

Try keeping your salt concentration no higher than 1 tsp per gallon. IMHO,
that seems to be the cut-off point.

Is there a reason you put so much salt into your tank?

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."