[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #18

>Hello!
>Last week I tried to build a yeast CO2 injection system for my 20 gallons
>full of plants tank.
>I mixed together one liter of water, 25 gr of beer yeast and
>a cup of sugar. It worked (one bubble per second) for one day only.
>Maybe I used a wrong quantity of components.
>Does anybody know the exact amount of the components?
>And what about the yeast? What kind of yeast should I use?
>Thanks a lot.

I use about 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon of regular cooking yeast, and 3/5-4
cups warm water. The odd time I had the yeast blow over into the tank via
the hose so I decreased the water (we had a heat wave and the yeast went
into overdrive). This mixture lasts a few weeks for me. I've heard adding a
bit of baking soda helps extend the life a bit, and possibly prevent the
white fluff?

Good luck.

- Paul

Paul Evad                            "Instead of letting doubt decide
pevad at islandnet_com                     what you will do, decide what
http://islandnet.com/~pevad/Kudos.html   you're going to do with your doubt"