[Prev][Next][Index]

Algae question

     I complained a while back about a reddish algae growing
everywhere in my tank.  It all USED to look the same, Kind of a dark
maroon.  Well, I started a rigorous (for me) water change schedule
thinking it might be the water quality. I do a 10% water change off
the top about every 4-5 days or so.  I also thought it might be a
lack of lighting problem so I added a third 15w balast/bulb  (this is
a ten gallon, hence the low wattage.)  I also changed the fish load to
now currently be a pair of sailfin mollies and three chineese algae
eaters.

     The RESULT was alot of the lower algae on the glass, gravel. and
lower plant apendages being cleared away.  The higher leaves on a
couple of my plants including mostly an amazon sword.  It is bright
red and very short.  It almost looks like my leaf is turning red, but
I can wipe it off.
     I've been searching in the bef=ggining question articles on algae
and such, and cant seem to find a description that fits.
     can ya tell me what it is?  Common name would do so I would be
able to refrence to a solution.

--
*    Justin Frese       Fresno, Ca                      *