[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Balance and Lighting

> "Ted Fidder, AT&T - Bell Labs, Denver" said:
> > When you think you have followed the "10 golden rules" how
> > do you figure one needs to be re-visited ?

krandall at world_std.com (Karen A Randall) responded:
> That's the problem with trying to follow a "recipe" without
> understanding the variables.  The term I have used in the past is
> "balance", but I like Charley's concept of "steady state" and
> "shifting state".  Another option might be "equilibrium", but that
> term probably has the same problems as "balance".

I think I can handle "equilibirium".  Precise (or scientific)
terminology merely elminates the subjective component.  I can
accept "equilibrium" to be a synonym for "steady state" because
the deltas are largely un-measurable in either case.

I believe that "equilibrium" merely (and only) implies a limiting
factor exists in forcing a state shift.  There is no subjectivity
in this (limiting factors are ALWAYS present in steady state
systems).

--charley