[Prev][Next][Index]

re:DIY CO2

>>I use 2 cups of sugar (.5 liters), with 1 tsp of yeast (2 ml?) and 1 tsp of
>>baking soda in my yeast generators.  The bottle is a 2-liter soft drink
>>bottle with a fitting in the cap for the air line.  I fill the bottle to
>>within 3" (8 cm) of the top with lukewarm tap water.  After hooking it up, I
>>start getting bubbles within 20 minutes, and I get full strength in about 1
>>day.  It continues to bubble for about 3 weeks
>
>David, sounds like what I tried but I only get about 3 days of production.
>What temperature would you guess your bottles are at?

My bottles run at room temperature.  (84F in the summer, 75F in the winter).  I
don't see a tremendous decrease in useability even in the winter.

My tap water hardness is KH of 5.  This value will make a difference in how
much baking soda you should add, if any.  If your KH is 15 for example, I
wouldn't add any baking soda.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(214) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David Webb