[Prev][Next][Index]

Algae ID/treatment

     I was wondering (and every one of you out there probabbly knows
this), I am getting reddish algae growing on a few big rocks in my
tank.  I'm almost embarrased to say that my tank setup as of now is a
meager 10 gallon, with one 15w grow lite, penguin back filter, with
yeast fermentation steadily bubbling into my filter.  I use (the name
escapes me right now)  Some sort of "vitamin" drops for aquatic
plants.  The stuff wasnt as cheap as I make it sound.  I am going to
add a second tube tonight, but I wasn't sure if that was even my
problem.
      Why am I getting this?  I need a snail I think, because I have a
Madaguinsee(sp) that will eat ANYTHING else.
    I think its growing on the leaves of my Amazon Sword too.  (i
thought it was getting sick, but I think that its algae)
     Could anyone spare a few mintues and pearls of wisdom? PLEASE?
     P.S.  Whats the formal name of common Amazon Sword so i can
actually read articles that referr to it.
--
*    Justin Frese       Fresno, Ca                      *