[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Amazon Swords and Foreground Plants

Yoadie yo ho !!!

Based on a message from Karen A Randall to All,
Let's talk about: Amazon Swords and Foreground Plants

 KAR> conditions it will spread readily, and make a very pretty green
 KAR> "lawn".  And, no, it does not need "mowing"<g>

 KAR> This same effect can be achieved with Lillaeopsis, (my personal
 KAR> favorite) E. quadricostatus, (a little taller) Dwarf Sagitaria, or  any
 KAR> of a number of low growing Cryptocoryne species (can take a
 KAR> long time to spread, but tolerate low light better).  Another
 KAR> plant often used by Ammano is Glossostigma, which is not
 KAR> commercially available in the U.S. at this time.

Other plants that could also be considered lawn-like are
E.austroamericanus (AKA bolivianus), a nice effect can be
achieved with Marsilia which looks like four-leaf clover,
but it's harder to raise and it grows quite slow.

           /
          ||/   -=< TONID >=-
     | /| |/   Tomasz Nidecki
     || |//    tonid at falcon_mimuw.edu.pl (FWD to FIDO)
     ||////    Tomasz.Nidecki at f78_n480.z2.fidonet.org
     /  /_
    |', ___
     --

Message originated at Tonid's Endemic Zone FIDO-Gate
From: Tomasz Nidecki <Tomasz.Nidecki at f78_n480.z2.fidonet.org>
To:   Karen A Randall
Please use the above "From:" address for private mail!