[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:Hygrophila and Synnema symptoms

------------------------------

>From: Plants FIDO-Gate <Plants.FIDO-Gate at f78_n480.z2.fidonet.org>
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 95 22:01:04 +0100
>Subject: Some kind of a defficiency
>
>All!
>
>I seem to have a little problem in mi goldfish tank
>concerning some kind of a defficiency. Here are the
>symptoms:
>
>Some of my Hygrophila and Synnema plant leaves seem to have
>the outside a bit yellowish, while the inside of the leaf is
>still grean. Also on some of the leaves there seem to be
>skirt cut-like marks (transparent short lines across the
>leaf surface in different directions). What kind of a
>defficiency can that be and what can I do to fix it?

I don't know about the yellow borders, but the transparent tissue you
mention in the leaves is a sign that the plants are getting continuous
light.  I have seen, only in the Hygrophila genus (which now includes
Synnema) that if the plants are given continuous light, they produce small,
distorted leaves that have transparent tissue, i.e. no air space in the
leaves.  Are you, by chance, giving the plants continuous light or,
perhaps, very short nights?