[Prev][Next][Index]

DIY Yeast formula

Here is another formula for a longer lasting yeast mixture. Other recipes
I've tried that use 1 cup of sugar have never lasted more than 3 days for
me although they have for others. I really wonder how much temperature
affects the yeast, and what else affects it.

This recipe lasts me for 3 weeks, and it's usually still bubbling then:

1/2 tsp yeast (Fleischmann's from the supermarket)
1/2 tsp baking soda (to counteract rising acidity)
1/4 tsp yeast nutrients (B vitamins from a homebrewers store)
2 cups sugar
6 cups water

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."