[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #34

>From: krandall at world_std.com (Karen A Randall)
>Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 20:55:52 -0400
>Subject: Acorus

>>I have had the same Acorus plant in my aquarium for 4 years now.
It has increased steadily, and I have given pieces to other
aquarists.<<

That's exciting to hear, as I am very fond of this plant!  What is your water
pH & hardness like?  Maybe my first tank just wasn't right for it (I gave up
on it after that one).  As far as terrestrial growth, it is slow, and seems
to prefer to be outside in filtered sun.  I think it also likes cold nights,
as it has grown & bloomed for me.

If similar plants (eg ophiopogon) can do as well, then I'll be sure to try
some of that gorgeous black mondo grass in my temperate tank (ahem, when I
get around to setting it up, that is ;-).

Anne
Santa Cruz