[Prev][Next][Index]

Plants for Lake Malawi Cichlids

I enjoy growing live plants in my aquarium aquascapes. I am starting a 80
gallon Lake Mawali Cichlid tank, pH 8.4, Temp 80 degrees, lighting - low to
moderate (3  4 foot 40 watt CoralLife 50/50 tubes)

I realize that Cichlids aren't the easiest fish to have in a tank with live
plants, but I've heard there are certain plants thta can grow in the above
described environment, which the Cichlids will not eat.

Can anyone make some suggestions as to which plants I should try, and
secondly, the best method for anchoring these plants so they are not easily
dug up and float to the surface?

Thanks,
Robert J. Bollong
Corona, Ca. USA