[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #11

> From: STEVEN R AMOR <n1036416 at student_fit.qut.edu.au>
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 12:26:38 +1000 (EST)
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #7

> > Hiya all,
> > I have to replace a couple of my 40 watt tubes this week and I
> > advice on what to use.
> > Currently I am using some Tri-phosphor tubes made by nec, but
> > what other good tubes are out there that are good for plant gr
> > Thanks for any advice.
> >

> > Markus!
> > Australia
> > Reply to: MICSBMS @ DOME (Mark Shewell)
>
> Markus, I think the general consensus is that Triton tubes are b
> least a combination that contains at least one).
> I din't know where you are, but a 3ft fresh water Triton costs $
> here,
> and a 4ft is slightly more

I can't agree with that "concensus" (if there was one).  I hate
the purplish color of Tritons.  I also think they are over priced,
and they _definitely_ don't last as long as they are purported to.
 I use a combination of Vitalites and Phillips day light tubes in
my tanks that have standard fluorescent lighting.

Karen