[Prev][Next][Index]

Inducing Echinodorus spp. to produce bloomstalks

Hello all,

I'm looking for some info on getting my swords to 'flower'.  I have been
able to propagate E. bleheri (or amazonicus, haven't figured out how to
tell them apart) and what I think is E. macrophyllus, but I consider it
cheating as the bloomstalks were already present.  Does anyone know what
conditions induce flowering?  Any good references to point me too?  I
also have E. cordifolius, E. osirus, E. bertorii (?) and am looking to
order a ruffeled sword (E. martii?).  I have been able to propagate the
E. osirus
from a shhot off the rootstock and have heard it rarely produces bloom
stalks.  The E. bertorii has just sulked for a year, so actually I'm more
interested on info just to get it to survive.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Bucciaglia