[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: snails

Greetings
In regards to snails, I have found two possible events to slow down the
pond snails that can run rampant in a tank or pond.
One is to introduce another snail, the ramshorn.  My VERY limited
experience in aquariums, I grow my plants in 5 gallon buckets and kiddie
pools, my ramshorns have kept the pond snails to a minimum, perhaps by
competing for the same food and can move faster.
The other is to introduce leeches in to your aquarium.  I have a bunch in
my buckets and they seem to keep the baby pond snails in check.

Hope this helps

PS send flames to alt.flame

Jeffrey Miller                            Technology Facilitator
1737 Oxford                      jemille at cello_gina.calstate.edu
Cardiff-By-The-Sea          Be a Roll Model; Ride a Bike To Work
92007-1632