[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #296

> From: George Booth <booth at hpmtlgb1_lvld.hp.com>
> Date: Thu, 07 Sep 1995 15:47:25 -0600
> Subject: Re: (Dupla) in bulk

<snip>

> And for the real Gonzo gardeners, get the 100 tablet box of
> Duplaplant, the 250 ml bottle of Duplaplant-24 drops and the 5 liter
> jug of Duplagan.  Cheaper yet.
>
> George

Yeah, that is cheaper in the long run, I just can't seem to find the cash
to shell out several hundred dollars for the initial outlay (hmmm ... though
I manage to do that for tanks .... :-)).

Joanne.

P.S. I check will be in the mail soon for the book & video!

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Stephen.Pushak at saudan_HAC.COM
> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 16:20:46 PDT
> Subject: Re: Giant C wendtii & straw

<snip>

I don't think I'd call it propagation by runners, but I had some crypts
(wendtii I'm pretty sure) multiply.  The plants just got very large
width-wise (about 6" across & 6" high) and when I went to move one I
noticed that it was actually now 10 plants instead of one.  This happened
within about a year to 18 months of buying them from That Fish Place
mailorder (sorry if that's a plug, but I was very happy with them).

Joanne.

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Stephen.Pushak at saudan_HAC.COM
> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 16:31:29 PDT
> Subject: Seachem Flourish

I have a new batch of this on order also & also have a Univ. soils lab
nearby where I can get an analysis done for $10 if nobody else has done
this already.  i think this analysis is just for minerals & I can look
in to how much a vitamin & amino acid analysis would cost also, since
Flourish is advertised to be a "Plant supplement which contains eessential
trace elements, vitamins and amino acids to stimulate growth of aquarium
plants".

Joanne.

> From: mtate at laurel_ocs.mq.edu.au (Marcus C. Tate)
> Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 10:28:32 +1000
> Subject: Re: Australian laterite sources

<snip>
> Hi Steve,
>
>         I can tell you that the Duplarit K sold here is not imported from
> elsewhere because of paranoia among Australian customs agents - they're very
> wary of plants/soils/anything to do with farming or camping here. Instead,
> Duplarit is collected in Queensland (I think) and mixed with some bauxite.
> An extra label in the box provides this info.
>
>         Does Duplarit contain significant amounts of added aluminium oxides
> in North America/Europe, or is the Australian market getting a unique
> cocktail ? My plants seem to enjoy it nonetheless.

Hmm, I thought aluminium oxides were harmful to aquarium plants.

I also have some duplarit G & K on hand & could get some analysed if it hasn't
been done before.

Joanne.

> Hope this helps,
>
> Marcus.
> ========
> Marcus C. Tate
> School of Earth Sciences
> Macquarie University
> Sydney, N.S.W
> 2109, Australia
>
> mtate at laurel_ocs.mq.edu.au
>

> ------------------------------
>
> From: nfrank at nando_net (Neil Frank)
> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 20:44:08 EDT
> Subject: Re: Source for Peat

<snip>
I have also tried the peat plates under the silly assumption that perhaps
they wouldn't disintegrate in the aquarium - they do!

I actually just put two peat plates int he new 55 gal that I setup last
week & I hope your theory's about substrate benefits work :-).

I have also bought stuff from the garden store.  It is "Premier" brand
from Canada.  This stuff has not released any nitrates or phophates for
me, even when it has sat in a bucket with water for several weeks.  It
is not supposed to contain fungicides etc either.

Joanne.