[Prev][Next][Index]

Amano Book 2

      Subject: Amano's Natural Aquarium World, Volume II
      From: joseph king <king at EECS_Berkeley.EDU>
      Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 17:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

>>Has anybody seen the English version of the 2nd volume of Amano's book
for sale in the states? I asked a friend in Japan to call the publisher.
They told him that the English version should be available in the states
though the quality of the pictures is not as good as the Japanese one.
The price of the Japanese version of the book is around $80!<<

I am surprised that there will be a different version of the book. The copy
of the book which I picked up in Japan last year had text in BOTH English
and Japanese. The text is pretty limited, though. I thought about ordering
some copies for resale, but did not think anyone would pay $80+ for a
picture book.  Hopefully, Axelrod will bring the price down again. The cost
of the first book in Japanese was around $70, and TFH retailed it for $30.
It will be a shame if the picture quality goes down. The pictures are
fantastic; better that those in the first edition.

--Neil
         Neil Frank, editor of The Aquatic Gardener
Visit the AGA home page at <http://blake.oit.unc.edu/~fish/aga/>