[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Broken tank

Dave Gomberg wrote:
>Expert, not!  But here goes:  The problem you have is not strength, your
>bottom is still .5".  The problem is the crack/leakage.  You need to seal.
>To seal, just use window glass.  You are not trying to hold the tank
>together, you are just trying to seal it.  To be really careful, put one glass
>patch on the inside and one on the outside.   Dave

I guess I need to make a few more observations:  The tank bottom (2' x 4') was
originally drilled with two 3/4" holes through the bottom.  The floor has
spider-webbed from one of the holes, not just cracked.  A previous owner tried
to fix it with two pieces of window glass and a piece or plexiglass on the
bottom and just wound up making a mess.  I will need to remove the bottom and
replace it to fix this tank.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David Webb