[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: "other" laterite substrates

>BTW has anyone heard of a new trace nutrient fertilizer for aquatic
>plants
>which is highly concentrated and can treat several thousand gallons of
>tank water? I think the name is "Flourish" and the cost was about $10.
>It was carried by Aquarium Services here in Vancouver.

>Steve

Seachem is the company that makes Flourish.  The labels states,
"Flourish is a growth stimulator for aquarium plants."  "It caintains a
broad spectrum of essential trace elements, vitamins, and amino acids."
"It is rich in iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, inositol, choline,
B12, biotin, and other factors determined to be beneficial to aquatic
plants."  "It contains no phosphates or nitrates that would promote
algae proliferation."  "Flourish is concentrated: each 250ml treates
over 12,000 gallons."

Seachem recently also came out with another product called Flourish
Tabs that are slow dissolving tablets designed to be inserted in the
gravel in proximity to aquatic plants roots.  The tablets last for
approximately 3 months.  It supposedly has similar ingredients as
Flourish but can be used in conjunction with the other product.

I use both products and have been satisfied with the results.  However,
I also use other products to ensure that I am covering all bases in
terms of supplements.

Bob