[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: frequency of the mailing list

>From: Stephen.Pushak at hcsd_hac.com
>Date: Wed, 30 Aug 95 15:52:30 PDT
>
>I notice the list is coming out more frequently. Perhaps this is
>because of a recent increase in postings (might be temporary)
>but I sense more people are on the list and starting to ask questions
>and contribute. If we go to a 3 times a day mailing, the one at
>midnight seems to catch the most and the noon has quite a bit but
>the 3pm has little. Midnight and noon seem good (most of us are
>in North Am.) but why not go to 6pm if we need a third?

I have not yet figured out why the digest has occasionally been mailed
out more than twice a day.  There is a configuration parameter that
determines the maximum size of the digest (whenever this limit is
exceeded, the digest is mailed out and a new one created.)  That
parameter however is currently set at 40KB, but we don't seem to be
exceeding this limit.  Strange.

Maybe we could spend more time on our real jobs instead of goofing off
on the list :-).  Last month's archives total 1MB, as opposed to 750KB
the month before.  One million keystrokes at conservative 0.25 seconds
a keystroke amount to three days and nights of continuous typing :-).

-Shaji

 Shaji Bhaskar,                                             bhaskar at bnr_ca
 BNR, 35 Davis Dr., RTP, NC 27709, USA                      (919) 991 7125