[Prev][Next][Index]

Replacing broken tank bottom

On Friday, 1 September 1995, David Webb wrote:

> I have a 50 gallon short with a broken bottom.  The glass in the
> bottom is 1/2" thick and is prohibitively expensive to replace.
> I'm planning on setting this tank up as a paladarium (3" substrate,
> 3" water).

I'd recommend replacing the bottom with 1/2"-3/4" plywood, sealed
either with epoxy paint or fiberglass/polyester resin (prefered, but
don't get ketone peroxide in your eyes).  You don't need to see
through the bottom, do you?
--
Kevin Conlin   kcconlin at cae_ca   "We're Canadians.  We HAVE to be polite"