[Prev][Next][Index]

MH pendants and tank size

Anyone out there have a feel for the largest tank a *single* 175w MH
pendant can support? I mean to provide enough light for fairly
demanding plants. I know its easily enough light for a 2' long tank,
but how about 3'? (I'm not really worried about depth; all of the
tanks below are fairly shallow.)

Here's the standard All-Glass tanks between 2' and 3' that I'd be
interested in:

Tank Size       Exact Outside Dimensions
                (inches) (L x W x H)
                (Including frame)

20 High         24 1/4  x12 1/2  x16 3/4
29 Gallon       30 1/4  x12 1/2  x18 3/4
30 Gallon       36 1/4  x12 5/8  x16 3/4

Any comments?

--
Dan Resler

Dept. of Mathematical Sciences