[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Cotton in yeast reactor

>> From: KB Koh <KB_Koh at ccm_ipn.intel.com>
>> Anyone know how to prevent the white cotton-looking substance from
>> appearing at the CO2 reactor? Thanks in advance.
>
>If you mean frothy bubbles on the top of the water, these are quite
>normal. If you mean the yellowish sediment on the bottom, these are
>yeast sediment and normal as well.

If I understood the question properly, he is referring to a fluffy bacterial
growth that occurs inside the reactor, not the generator.  I get this growth
too, but I don't know if there is a way to prevent it.  One possiblity that
might have an effect is to add a bubble counter in-line between the generator
and the reactor.  I tried this, but the bubble counter leaked, so I removed it.
 That's the best I can do on this question.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David Webb