[Prev][Next][Index]

Phosphate level

Thinking that my recent algae problem might be due to high levels of
phosphate, I went and bought a test kit (by Red Seas) and measured it
last night. According to the test, the phosphate level is 0.1mg/l. Is this
considered high? If so, what alternatives are there to reduce this level?
I know I can use a phosphate reduction material in my filter (Phosorbe?),
but I am concerned that it will also effectively remove all the expensive
nutrients and trace elements I've been adding for my plants.

Oh ya, I am already keeping nitrate under control. It is pretty much zero
all the time.

 John Y. Ching (jyching at watnow_uwaterloo.ca)    |
 Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence Lab	|
 Department of Systems Design Engineering      	|
 University of Waterloo, Canada            	|