[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #242

	<<..........>>

> Also, someone mentioned sandblasting gravel as a substrate.  Where does
> one acquire this stuff?  Hardware stores just give me a blank look when I
> ask.

Try a builders supply depot. Look in the Yellow Pages under building supplies.

>Same thing with laterite, vermiculite, etc.  Fish stores have never
> heard of any of it (I gotta try some better stores! =)).

Vermiculite: try a plant nursery; they will definitely know.

Laterite: since this is an aquarium specific, AFAIK not used for
terrestrials, your only other source is mail order.  But Seattle can't be
THAT behind :-)

--
* Nick LaRocca		  	e-mail:	nickl at css_sed.monmouth.army.mil	*