[Prev][Next][Index]

Choice of substrate

   Just a note with another choice for substrates--Aqualine buschke
somewhat recently came out with a new product "Terralit" which is
like gravel but supposed to contain nutrients including iron in a
less messy form than laterite.  It sells for $4 a pound in local stores
(Wash. DC area) or $47.97 for 5000 gm from Pet Warehouse.  I have added
a pound to my established 29 gal tank (just mixed into the gravel) and
put some more in the bottom layer of a new 30 gal tank.  I don't have
results to report yet, except to say it does not cause any cloudiness
when put in the water.  I think it this could be useful if it works.